Sunday, March 15, 2015

Forgiveness During Extraordinary Circumstances

Where Rivers Part
Kellie Coates Gilbert
Texas Gold 2

Dr. Juliet Ryan has devoted her considerable scientific acumen to corporate America, providing safe drinking water for millions--and affording her plenty of perks along the way. It's not the path her estranged father would have her take, but then Juliet finds it difficult to maintain respect for a man she cannot trust. She's on her way up in the world, and she's not going to let anything drag her down.

But when a fast-moving disaster sweeps Juliet into a whirlpool of corporate scandal, lives are at risk--including those of some of the people closest to her. As she scrambles to find answers, Juliet must face her deepest wounds and join forces with the one who has hurt her most in order to expose a far-reaching conspiracy.

Like a mighty river with twists and turns and hidden rocks, this engrossing story will sweep you relentlessly along as it fearlessly explores the seduction of success, the fear of giving up control, and the redemptive power of learning to forgive.


    I was kind of nervous going into this book, because the first one in the series had some really uncomfortable moments. Thankfully, I found the book to be really smooth, and yes there were the heart-wrenching face-hiding moments, but they didn't dominate the book. 

     Juliet was in a couple positions throughout the book that I felt I could really relate to. Situations where I paused for a quick moment and thought Would I be that gracious? Could I forgive someone who did that to me? etc. I really loved the message about forgiveness, it was both subtle and bold. Forgiving loved ones during extraordinary circumstances seems to be the theme running through both books in the series.

     I really enjoyed reading this book, it kept me on the edge of my seat and constantly guessing about the characters, their motivations, and the plot. I also loved the romance. Where Rivers Part was about so much more than her relationship with the man that she would marry, and I felt that the background movement towards the relationship made it all the sweeter. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. Enjoy Reading!

Don't forget to click on the cover to read an excerpt. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I cannot wait to see what you have to say.