Saturday, March 22, 2014

To Bob or not to Bob

A Heart's Rebellion: A Regency Romance

Ruth Axtell

     Dutiful Jessamine Barry is tired of waiting patiently for a man to decide her future. So even though Lancelot Marfleet, second son of an aristocrat, is taking an interest in her during the London season, she refuses to consider him as a suitor. Instead, she's ready to take fashionable society by storm--and finds a rakish young man all too willing to help her do it. When things go too far, Jessamine will learn that the man who is faithful through thick and thin is more worthy than the one who speaks pretty words. But will her disgrace keep Lance from reconsidering her as a wife? And when tragedy strikes and Lance becomes his father's heir and a titled gentleman, will he think she only wants him now because of his title?

Fans old and new will love this lush Regency London story of discovering one's true self and finding one's true love.


     I don't think that I have ever cut my hair as a Bob. I like having long hair, I find it easier to do things with. Jessamine doesn't feel that way. Trying to fit into society to become popular and attract a handsome suitor she decides to change who she is, which invariably lands her into trouble. Plus she ends up with a bob. I didn't like that she changed herself, but she herself struggled with the shame of these choices when among her parents again. Bobs. 

     When I watch television or movies with my family I am  not allowed to be in control of the remote. Whenever I find something embarrassing I press that lovely little button on the remote and skip it. I also tend to fast forward over incredible sappy, melodramatic, or sad parts. I watched the Titanic in forty minutes. I still got the entire story line. When I read books where the characters embarrass themselves I tend to skim and jump because I have no tolerance for it. This book had a lot of that. I found it extremely difficult to move through, but other than that the book flowed very well. 

      I enjoyed this book very much, and I think it will be a good spring time read. Although not set in the Spring totally, Lancelot enjoys botany so flowers feature quite a bit. One last thing, this book is perfect for Jane Austen readers because although the language is quite the same it is very close. This book is the perfect example of a Christian Regency Romance. 

     I received a copy of this book from the publisher  in exchange for my review. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I cannot wait to see what you have to say.