Saturday, September 21, 2013

Third in the Series...Again.



  The Miner's Lady    

     Tracie Peterson 

When Chantel Panetta's younger sister claims to be in love with Orlando Calarco, Chantel knows there is no hope. The Panettas and Calarcos have been sworn enemies for decades, and young love cannot heal the deep wounds between the two iron-mining families. Yet, unable to resist Isabella's pleas, Chantel agrees to help her sister spend time with Orlando...only to have a run-in with Dante, Orlando's brother. The older, more handsome one. 

Chantel can't deny the attraction that flares when she's with Dante. But when a tragedy occurs at the mine, is there any hope that the hatred that has simmered between these two families might be resolved? Or will Chantel's hope for love be buried amidst decades of misunderstanding?

     The Miner's Lady is the third book in the Land of Shining Water series, again. It might not surprise you at this time that I haven't read the other two. I didn't have a hard time reading and understanding so they are pretty standalone. 

     The main characters are Italian and in a romeo and juliet-esque feud. I thought the idea was cute, every one likes star crossed lovers once in a while. When I say Italian though, I mean Italian. Tracie Peterson went above and beyond. My mouth was quite literally watering through most of the book. Real Italian recipes and boy did they sound good. Italian wedding traditions, and realistic broken English all helped create the perfect tone. However, the characters spoke in Italian. I don't know Italian. I had some issues in that regard. It wasn't to bad, but still pretty annoying. I wanted to know what they were saying, and I had to spend extra time trying to find clues or look it up. 

     Other than that it was pretty good. I found that while we are introduced to one couple, we see no real development there, and there isn't a lot of relationship development with the other forming couple either. But, there was tremendous individual character development, that was done realistically and well. Overall I was pleased with the book. 

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I cannot wait to see what you have to say.